Sweetwater Mortgage Company was founded January 1, 1994 by Jim Norris. Jim has been around the mortgage industry for most of his life. His father, the late Don Norris, was founder and President of Commonwealth Savings and Commonwealth Mortgage during the 1970 and 80’s. Since 1993, Sweetwater Mortgage Company has tirelessly served the Texas real estate community earning an excellent reputation for great rates and closing costs, diverse loan programs, personal customer service, integrity, and “cutting-edge” technology.
In 1992, Don Norris founded Texas Homeplace Mortgage Company which was headquartered in New Braunfels, Texas. Texas Homeplace enjoyed much success and developed an outstanding reputation for customer service, integrity, and excellence as it served the mortgage needs in small towns across Texas such as New Braunfels, Brenham, and others. Today, Sweetwater is carrying on the tradition that Don Norris started by establishing Texas Homeplace Mortgage Company as our “small town” mortgage division. The first branch of Texas Homeplace opened August 2010 in Brenham, Texas.
- We are not just a mortgage broker. We have been a Correspondent Lender since 2005, so we close in our name with our own warehouse lines.
- We can also handle credit challenges with our FHA approval since 2002.
- We have diverse loan programs such as VA, FHA, Non-Warrantable Condos, and more!
- We have in-House Doc Drawing and Funding which means Fast Closings!
- We have closed closed $338,909,820 since 2002!
- During our 2010 & 2012 Examinations, the Texas Department of Savings and Mortgage Lending awarded Sweetwater with the highest possible Compliance Rating of a “1” which they define as, “A mortgage broker/correspondent lender in this category is in a strong compliance position”.
- We received the Better Business Bureau’s Gold Star Award for Outstanding Customer Service in 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013.
- We received LendingTree’s “Most Improved Lender – Purchase Close Rate” in 2006.
- We have very competitive rates as evidenced by a nationwide survey conducted by the Wall Street Journal!
Better Business Bureau’s Gold Star Award for Outstanding Customer Service